48 sample supervisor interview questions and answers
You would like to become a sale supervisor, a production supervisor, a warehouse supervisor or a team leader? In the supervisory role, it’s required to have a supervisor competencies and skills in order to shoulder duties and accountabilities.
List of supervisor interview questions
7. What do you consider the most important qualities for a supervisor?
8. Describe your supervisory style?
9. How do you motivate your employees/team members?
10. Do you see any changes that could improve the current position?
11. What would the people whom you have supervised said about you?
12. How would you rate your management skills on a rate of 1 to 10?
13. What is the work environment in which you have faced the most success?
14. What are the three factors that are the most important for a team to work effectively?
15. Was there any time when a reporting employee over performed and exceeded their goals?
16. Tell me about a time an employee made a significant mistake. What action did you take?
17. Describe a time you had to introduce important change in your last job.
18. What are the factors that are crucial within an organization? Why do you think that these should be present for you to work most effectively?
19. How have you met the coworkers, supervisors and other reporting staff at your previous company, when you were on your first day as a supervisor?
20. Have you ever advised another supervisor about an errant employee or process? Was your suggestion implemented? How successful was your idea? Can we have other examples where you have suggested other supervisors?
21. Describe a time you had to manage conflict within your department/team/group.
22. Tell me about a time you had to coach an employee to perform a task.
23. Tell me about a short term plan you developed for your department/team/group.
24. Tell me how you plan your work schedule.
25. This question is designed to assess your
26. Tell us something about your management style.
27. What makes a good superior according to you?
28. What would you term as the single most quality that makes a good supervisor?
29. What is the motivation behind a supervisor, what is your motivation?
30. Tell us something about your interpersonal skills. Do you see the useful in the position you have applied for?
31. What is the management style that you follow?
32. If your team-workers and coworkers are interviewed, what would they say are your strengths and weaknesses?
33. All new employees have a tough time getting to know people in the office. What is your strategy to make the person welcome in the office?
34. What is the single most crucial thing that a company should possess to retain their employees?
35. How can the nightly goals be met? Is there anything that you have in mind to motivate your workers? What would be the techniques that you would use?
36. What is the opinion of the current leadership team?
37. What are the three components of the philosophy that you demonstrate your value addition to the culture of your organization and work environment.
38. What have you learned from your past jobs that related to supervisor?
39. Where would you like to be in 3 years? 5 years?
40. What are key tasks for Supervisor?
41. How to do each supervisor position task/function?
42. How to control each task/function of supervisor? Etc
43. What are top top 3 skills for Supervisor?
44. How to measure job performance of your position: Supervisor?
45. What tertiary qualifications have you attained that related to Supervisor?
46. What is the most recent skill you have learned that related to Supervisor?
47. What tertiary qualifications have you attained that related to your supervisor position?
48. What is the most recent skill you have learned that related to your supervisor position?