80 police interview questions and answers samples.
The 80 police interview questions below can be used for Police positions such as: police chef, police officer, police, police sergeant etc
You can ref 80 police interview questions & answers by links below:
17. Responsibility is an important component of being a police officer. Have you ever taken out a student loan, mortgage, or car loan? Did you repay it on time?
18. As a police officer, you may be required to use lethal force if the situation requires it. Are you prepared to use lethal force if required? Are you prepared to discharge your firearm with lethal intent?
19. Tells us about your military experience (if applicable).
20. Are you participating in any kind of personal fitness program?
21. Do you drink alcohol?
22. Have you used any kind of illicit drugs?
23. Do you have any kind of medical condition that we should know about?
24. Have you been involved in any car accidents? How many driving infractions have you received?
25. Why are you seeking a career as a police officer/deputy sheriff?
26. What education and experience do you possess that has prepared you for this career?
27. Police officers need to be able to handle conflict. Tell me about a time when you had to resolve conflict with someone?
28. Give me an example of a situation when you had to deal with someone who was irate and being hostile with you?
29. Policing can be a physically demanding job. What do you do to keep health and in shape?
30. Is there any thing that would prevent you from meeting the physical requirements of law enforcement?
31. Police officers are often the subject of public scrutiny. Do you have anything in your background that would concern us?
32. Why do you want to serve as a police officer for this particular region or municipality?
33. Who are the mayor, the premier, and the police chief for this region?
34. What made you choose to apply to Police?
35. What have you learned from your past jobs?
36. Tell me about your last position and what you did?
37. What do you know about the position of Police?
38. What are key tasks for Police?
39. What are top 3 knowledge/top 3 skills for Police?
40. Did you choose this profession/field?
41. What tertiary qualifications have you attained that related to Police?
42. What is the most recent skill you have learned that related to Police?
43. Why do you want a career in law enforcement?
44. What makes you a suitable candidate as a police officer?
45. Have you applied to other law enforcement agencies?
46. What are some of your best qualities?
47. Do you work well with other people?
48. Describe the worst situation you have encountered in a work place. How did you deal with it?
49. How do you feel about carrying a gun and possibly having to take someone’s life in the line of duty?
50. What are the sources of stress in your personal and professional life? How do you manage this stress?
51. What is your pattern of alcohol use?
52. What type of interpersonal conflict have you experienced in your professional life?
53. What steps did you take to resolve the issue?
54. What personal qualities and traits do you possess that would make you well suited for a law enforcement career?
55. Which type of situations cause you to feel discouraged? Anxious? Irritated?
56. When have you had to take charge of a situation to quickly resolve a problem or crisis?
57. As a police officer you catch hold of your friend doing something illegal. How would you handle the situation?
58. Tell me about a suggestion you have made?
59. What irritates you about co-workers?
60. Tell me about your ability to work under pressure?
61. What have you learned from mistakes on the job?
62. How do you propose to compensate for your lack of experience?
63. Tell me about a time when you helped resolve a dispute between others.
64. Do you prefer to work independently or on a team?
65. When was the last time you were angry? What happened?
66. How do you handle stress/pressure?
67. How would you describe your work style?
68. Describe a typical work week?
69. How will your greatest strength help you perform?
70. What challenges are you looking for?
71. What will you do if you don’t get this position?
72. What do you expect from a supervisor?
73. What have you learned from your mistakes?
74. How did you handle challenges?
75. Give me an example of a time when you had to think out of the box?
76. Tell me about a time when you failed?
77. How would your past experience translate into success in this job?
78. Tell me about an assignment that was too difficult for you. How did you resolve the issue?
79. Tell me about a time when you faced a major obstacle at work?
80. What can you do for us that other candidates can’t?
Police job interview materials
2. How To Pass The Police Test (includes ways, tips and experience to pass the police test …. ).
II. Police interview answer tips:
You can use interview guide as follows for your job interview preparation:
1. Identify key goals, tasks, job specs and attributes for Police positions then ask question: How to do, how to become …
2. Listen questions carefully, then ask by your self : what are things related to Police field before answering.
3. Always ask by yourself: What are proofs that are required for this position?
4. Be able to tell why you want a Law Enforcement Career. To protect, to investigate… Mention what it is that you like about becoming a police officer.
5. Have some goals in life and in Law Enforcement that you can mention such as raising a family in a safe community, or to join a specialized field within the department.
6. Think of your strong points and of why you would be of value to the police department.
7. Are you involved in an exercise program?
8. Have you had any vehicular accidents or tickets?
9. Do you have an arrest record?
10. Alcohol, narcotics, and distribution of narcotics will all be discussed.
11. Financial debt can be a sign of poor judgment.
12. Be prepared to talk about any medical restrictions.
13. List and self-answer all common questions & answers, you can ref at: 103 interview questions and answers.
14. Types of job interview questions
You can ref article:
15. Thank you letters
After finishing your job interview, you should send thank you letter to employer, so that you can them thank you letter materials at:
16. Other job interview tips
You can ref more at:
Author: Peter Ho