Top 33 sample phone interview questions and answers for employers/employees/internships…, you also ref common phone job interview tips at the end of this post.
The way employers set up interviews are just the same as they do with face to face ones. Managers and recruiters are hired to make phone interviews to screen candidates from a pool of applicants for employment.
Spending time on reviewing all regular questions raised during the phone interview is of great importance and then be well prepared for your answers. Beside, set up the plan for a phone talk saying about your background and skills.
List of phone interview questions with answers
7. How many years of experience do you have in _____?
8. What are the top duties you perform in your current position?
9. Why are you considering leaving your current position?
10. What do you know about this company/position?
11. What size groups do you work in and do you have any group size preferences?
12. Have you received any raises or promotions at your current employer?
13. Do you have any managerial experience or are you more of an individual contributor?
14. Why did you decide to study in XX?
15. What were your favourite subjects? Why?
16. How did you choose this field/ industry?
17. Where do you see yourself in 2 years? 5 years?
18. Do you prefer to work in teams or alone?
19. What motivates you? What makes you frustrated or angry?
20. If I asked you last manager what your significant strengths were, what would he/she answer?
21. If I asked you last manager what your weakness were, what would he/she answer?
22. How do you prioritize your day/work?
23. Why are you no longer employed at XX? Why are you considering leaving company XX?
24. What is your current salary? What are your salary expectations?
25. What do you know about this company/job that you are applying for?
26. How you overcame a stressful situation?
27. If you are not employed, when were you last employed and what is the reason that you are no longer there?
28. Tell me about your current employer (i.e. what do they do, how long they’ve been in business, etc.).
29. What is the most important thing you’re looking for in a company/job?
30. Why are you considering leaving your current employer?
31. How long have you been with your current employer?
32. What is your current salary expectation?
33. Do you have any questions?
• How to face 13 types of job interview questions.
• Phone interview tips.Top